scrawls
still cheaper than therapy*


do i need more lullabies?
These are the lullabies i know. Because there will be no and-down-came-the-baby. Horrifying.

Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right. Singin: don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right. Woke up this morning, smiled at the rising sun. Three little birds sit on my doorstep - singin sweet songs, melodies pure and true, saying, this is my message to you. (Bob Marley)

Summertime, and the livin' is easy: fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high. Your daddy's rich, and your momma's good lookin, so hush little baby, don't you cry. One of these mornings, you're going to rise up singing, spread your wings, and you'll take to the sky. But until that morning, there's nothing can harm you with daddy and momma standing by. (That would be Gershwin.)

I see trees of green, red roses too. I see them bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world. I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night - and I think to myself, what a wonderful world. The colors of a rainbow, so pretty in the sky, are also on the faces of people going by. I see friends shaking hands, sayin, how do you do. They're really sayin, I love you. I hear babies cry. I watch them grow - they'll learn much more than I'll never know. And I think to myself - what a wonderful world. (Louis Armstrong.)

Lay down my dear daughter, lay down and take your rest. Lay your head upon your momma's breast. I love you, and (this one has verses, in which we cycle through everyone we know) loves you the best - And I bid you / she says / he tells you / et c. good night, good night, good night. And I bid you good night, good night, good night. (The Grateful Dead, slightly modified.)

Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise. Black bird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see. All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free. Blackbird fly. Blackbird fly into the light of the dark black night. (The Beatles.)

And, tonight, this. But you were asleep before the jester even made an appearance. Playing myself Tracy Chapman to remember. Somehow i am sad and nostalgic and i think it is because i am missing my Quakers because we were going to see them this weekend and now we can't, probably, and it makes me lonely.

Labels: ,






Creative Commons License
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
powered by Blogger