scrawls
still cheaper than therapy*


dress your family in tie dye and hemp
(making strangled noises)

or, in which the truth outs: and i am a giant hippie again. I deliberately signed up at the hospital with the midwives and the acupuncture and the massage and the no-you-can't-have-an-epidural routine and the lactation consultants (and, for that matter, the midwife school AND the donated milk collection centre). I thoroughly plan on breastfeeding and wearing my baby and doing both in public as often as possible. I hope to have it sleep in our room for several months (baby, please don't snore). We have a giant box of cloth diapers and a lot (though i'd prefer more, but a gift is a gift, but oy, but anyway i'm not sending them back) of the clothes and other baby items we have are pre-used. I no longer shave my legs, i walk everywhere, and some days i don't wear a bra (and, no, the belly does NOT provide support. At all. And anyone who tells you otherwise is a damn liar, with the caveat that every pregnancy is different, every woman carries differently, et c., but no, i don't think i'll be able to rest a coffee cup on it, ever, seeing as how i'm nowhere near that yet and only have seven or eight weeks to go). When we don't have visitors, three days out of four are vegetarian. I buy organic fucking yogurt with my save-the-world-yuppie disposable income. M even thinks it was his idea that we stopped buying crap (and i'll give him this much: it's his phrasing).

These are my priorities. also, i am a granola fucking goddess: i look just like the venus of willendorf, only with straight hair.

Labels: , ,






Creative Commons License
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
powered by Blogger