scrawls
still cheaper than therapy*


i almost want to cry:
A Manifesto Against Shoes
dear Manolo Blahnik, i hate you. because you said yes, they're like a painful, uncomfortable, blister-causing, frightful corset, but they're like a painful, uncomfortable, blister-causing, frightful corset that you love. you are a man. you have no fucking clue. okay? No fucking clue. I HAVE A CORSET AND THESE ARE WORSE.

Seeing as how we will be almost strictly walking in Vienna as a result of not having a car, i'm doing my very, very best to expunge from my closet all the shoes i can't wear for a minimum of eight hours in a row. In two hours, when i get home, i am going to do my very best to ask my roommate if she wants the gorgeous camel knee-high leather boots with the four-inch heels, if i can possibly bring forth the words and manage to maintain my resolve. (This is by no means a sure thing: i love those shoes. I wanted a pair of camel knee-high leather boots for twenty years, literally twenty years, before i bought them, so elegant, so chic, so perfect. i might try wearing them again first. just in case. by "might" i mean "will do my damndest to wear the things in.")

today: i have the most adorable pair of black ankle boots. Seven hours in, they make my toes a bit pinched and i'm getting pins and needles in the balls of my feet, which means i (a) can't wear them to either wedding this month, as i'm not carrying these ridiculous things in a suitcase and i obviously can't wear them all day on a plane and running through airports and (b) i have to offer them up. They're so fucking cute. The sexiest little line. Details. And very comfy in the heel area. and i've already gotten rid of all the shoes i didn't absolutely lust after. so this is not an easy thing, what i am doing.

Not easy. Probably not harder than learning german, but not easy. Especially because i don't want to be left with only the Danskos and one boring pair of sneakers that i can barely deign to allow on my foot. i can't wear those things with a skirt!

However, this leaves room on my shoe shelf for a pair of shearling moccasins. Hmm...






Creative Commons License
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
powered by Blogger