scrawls
still cheaper than therapy*


maybe i'm a bad person.
but. maybe it's just that giving holiday spirit. i give money and canned things to organizations that value eating - the Brazos Food Bank, mostly, but i'm sure if those people that feed sub-saharan africa came by i'd give them some tuna or cranberry or something. the Brazos Food Bank is the local one and the noisiest, around here. So. At work. They're having a charity drive. And maybe it's just my particular place in the hierarchy of needs and the certain things that are my real priorities, but, well, i like food. I like having it around. I like eating it. I like not being hungry. So if somebody doesn't have any food, it speaks to me. So. At work. They're having a charity drive. For toys.

And it pisses me off. Because these kids already have places to live and meals to eat, and they're asking for digital watches and CDs and sports equipment and "a Bible inscribed with my name." and i'm sorry. but really, is need a relative term? and if person X needs a digital watch, and persons Y, Z, and alpha thru omega need dinner, (and a lot of people around here need dinner,) isn't it sort of funny to get the one kid a watch? Or is it just me? $42 million for malaria research is great. But nobody dies because they don't have the American Idol fucking christmas release.

Labels: ,






Creative Commons License
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
powered by Blogger