scrawls
still cheaper than therapy*


scuba class, Day 5.
i'm supposed to be in the first dive group. It's full of people who actually made it to get up after being up and drinking (and apparently smoking and getting into fights with Army Knife Boy, who was off screaming in the woods for three hours, i wondered what that was) and are hung over but okay, i'll be in the second group and have time for breakfast. I have my single-serving bagel, my yogurty gloop, my bottled coffee latte. A girl makes a snotty, I've-never-been-camping comment about my single-serving bagel. Fine. I get my scuba gear ready to be in the second group. Apparently i had to sign up on a sheet of paper yesterday to be in the second group (the instructor's only taking These Eight People, would've liked to have known that) but it turns out that really i didn't have to sign up on a sheet of paper yesterday to be in the second group (the instructor takes out This Dozen People instead and i'm Not One of Them). at least Army Knife Boy is in the second group and is not nearby being stupid. i pack up the tent. The first group of people packs up and leaves. The second group finally surfaces, and it's my turn, and i buddy with some random boy when we, the third group, finally dive. I have no idea what his name is to write in my log-book. he is Guy who Cannot Pop his Ears. Fine. We dive. We go through a couple more boats and this weird cage-thing, and there are some rocks, we hit about 33 feet, maybe, in the bottom of one of the boats. i'm fucking freezing. it's damn cold on the bottom of the lake. i have no idea how i look in a wetsuit. we're done. the second group of people has packed up and dissappeared. All the compasses are gone. Fine. i ask the instructor, do i have to get you to sign something? He says, I guess, Yeah, Or you could leave it at the shop. I think, Yeah, like you're that organized to come by and fill it out later. He signs the first five pages. I haven't filled them out yet. I dry off and go home.

I take a several-hours-long nap. Most of the water gets out of my ears.

Most of it.

Labels:






Creative Commons License
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
powered by Blogger