scrawls
still cheaper than therapy*


sometimes it's hard to get my family off the phone. they just keep going. and you're thinking, okay, i'm okay, i'm kind of hungry, and i'd like to start making dinner, and i really should have used the facilities before answering the phone, and i really, really, really should have used the facilities before answering the phone, and they won't get off the phone and i'm saying things like I have to go, the UPS guy wants a signature and I have to go, the dogs are killing each other and I have to go make dinner i'm hungry, and I'm going to hang up on you in five, four, three, two and that's what i have to do because they won't get off the phone. I have to go, i'm late for stuff, i'm meeting people, there are people coming here, i have all these things to do in my busy life on a Wednesday and they won't get off the phone. and i don't know if i should feel bad for basically hanging up on them every time they call but i give them forty-five minutes or an hour or even more before the five-four-three-two ultimatum so i don't feel bad, really, but sometimes i think like i maybe ought to. But they won't get off the phone and i have things to do. They called me at work a couple of times and wouldn't get off the phone. and isn't an hour long enough to hold the damn reciever up to my ear and it's getting warm, and if i'm trying to do anything else and holding it with my shoulder (because, really, an hour???) it's getting damn uncomfortable and probably bad for my alignment, you know? and then i screen my calls and i feel bad for that but if i have things to do and know that i don't have time to be on the phone for an hour and a half but they won't get off the phone (there's no five-minute conversation with them) then what choice is there? really?

Labels:






Creative Commons License
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search
powered by Blogger